Growing old doesn’t happen overnight. It takes years for those wrinkles, fine lines, and loose sagging areas to develop which is why you may not notice the changes immediately. One of the most disheartening and saddening things to experience is looking in the mirror one day and realizing how much you’ve aged. Unfortunately, it’s all a part of growing older. But that doesn’t mean you can’t take a stand. Dare to defy age and preserve your youthful glow by checking out these 5 effective skin treatments to rejuvenate aging skin.
1. Microdermabrasion – The topmost layer of skin is always most exposed to harmful elements in the environment, and that’s what microdermabrasion aims to resolve. By sloughing off the top layer of skin cells with a special diamond-tipped wand, doctors can encourage the growth of healthy skin. It’s relatively painless and doesn’t require any anaesthesia, which is what makes it a hot topic among many individuals looking to get a mini-face lift.
2. Laser Skin Treatment – Working to reduce wrinkles, add volume, and even clear out acne scars and blemishes, the laser “face lift” is a skin tightening treatment that doesn’t require all the needles and knives. With a high-intensity laser light, doctors work on wrinkles and tighten loose areas of skin to give people a fuller, younger, and tighter look and feel all over. Doctors can use several different lasers at varying intensities in order to achieve the desired results. Be sure to discuss everything in detail with your specialist to identify the best option for your particular case.
3. Chemical Peel – This particular treatment can’t be purchased over the counter, and definitely isn’t something you’d want to do DIY style. The chemical formulations used for these treatments are very potent, which is why it’s best to have a doctor to perform the process. The peels target dark spots and wrinkles and encourage new growth for a taut appearance.
4. Botox Injections – Unlike other treatments that aim to fill out areas where loose skin has developed, botox works through a different mechanism. By partially immobilizing certain muscles of the face, wrinkles are prevented from deepening thus creating a fuller look. It’s important to consider however that botox can also limit your range of facial expressions, so it’s best to talk with your doctor before you avail of the procedure to learn more about what you should expect.
5. Filler Injections – Containing hyaluronic acid, filler injections can add volume and firmness to skin by filling out the spaces underneath wrinkles and loose areas. What’s nice about filler injections is that they can be strategically injected under the skin to add mass to just specific areas.
There’s no point in feeling sad about the way you’ve aged, especially with these amazing treatments at your disposal. Defy aging and stay youthful throughout the years by trying out one of these effective skin treatments for a young, fresh, and vibrant glow.