Foods Your Skin Will Thank You For
In order to have great skin, you must not only exercise and live a less stressful life but you will also have to watch what you eat. Having a diet that is comprised of a variety of nutrients will keep your skin glowing and radiant. You have most certainly heard of the saying “You are what you eat” and here is a list of foods and their benefits to explain why this is the case:
1) Papaya, carrots, sweet potatoes and pumpkins contain betacarotene and lutein which encourage cell development. Fruits and vegetables are the best sources of antioxidants. Eat at least 5 types of fruits and vegetables a day to achieve a healthy skin tone.
2) Berries, oranges, plums, kiwis and guavas are your skin’s bestfriends. Vitamin C is amazing for building a strong immune system and heals scars and blemishes. Supplements are available in pharmacies and can come in handy when fruits are scarce and on busy days.
3) Eat plenty of pine nuts, almonds, avocado and hazelnuts. Vitamin E protects skin and promotes a healthy growth.
4) Avocado and fish provide important fatty acids which are used to pull water into the cell making your skin smooth and supple. It is almost like a natural moisturizer for your skin. Remember, fat is not always bad.
5) Water is one of the most important elements to keep your skin hydrated. Without it, your skin will seem dry and breakouts will easily appear.
6) Tomatoes contain lycopene that protects you from the damage caused by the sun. According to US News, heat the tomatoes up to attain most benefits.
7) Cocoa powder helps in reducing roughness on the skin and protects it from the sun. Dark chocolates are better than milk chocolates as they contain more amount of cocoa. They are also better for weight watchers.
8) Flaxseeds are wrinkle’s enemies. They contain elements such as Omega-3 that helps erase fine lines and keep the skin smooth and hydrated.
9) Mussels are a great source of iron and they are great for keeping your skin coloured. If you have pale and pasty skin, your skin will be grateful for this.
10) Spinach helps to repair DNA and reduces the chances of developing cancerous cells. We got your message, Popeye!
Lastly, keep in mind that a great skin will not grow overnight and you will have to change your lifestyle to maintain a long lasting result. Pair a healthy diet with sufficient sleep and exercise and you will be glowing from the inside out. Avoid smoking, alcohol and overloading stress for they will upset your skin and health in the long run. You can find out for more Skin Foods here.
Photo Credits : Bbcgoodfood